“The global healthcare Natural Language Processing (NLP) market is is expected to grow from $1.10 billion in 2015 to $2.67 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 19.2%”…..”The key vendors occupying the market are 3M, IBM, Cerner Corp., Nuance Communication, Microsoft Corp., Health Fidelity, Apixio, Linguamatics, Optum, Inc., and Dolbey Systems, among various others”
http://hitconsultant.net/2015/08/14/infographic-healthcare-its-transformation-journey/Clearly, healthcare IT is at the height of a much needed transformation. As a result of this transformation, healthcare providers must be prepared for emerging needs in:
– Storage/Vendor-Neutral Archiving
– Patient Engagement/Telehealth
– Healthcare IT/Disaster Recovery
– Analytics/Big Data
- Wellthie: making it easier for consumers and small businesses to explore their health insurance options in a simple way.
- Naya Health: providing the world’s first smart breast pump
- Caremerge: evolutionizing care coordination and communication for seniors
- Humetrix: health risk appraisals, chronic care management software,
- Cohero Health: developing an Apple Watch app so asthmatics can better track their medication protocol adherence and lung function
- Force Therapeutics: recovery platform that enables patients and providers to help support post-acute rehab.
- Flextronics: is a $26 billion a year company with a strong footprint in biotech and 200,000 employees in 30 countries.
- Maven Clinic: offers a tele-health platform that creates video appointments with healthcare providers for convenient quality care with a more human experience
- AbilTo: is a digital behavioral change therapy company that partners with health plans to offer behavioral change therapy programs over the phone and/or by secure video
- MMJ labs: makes Buzzy, a drug-free, palm-sized needle pain blocker for both adults and children aged 4 and above. Buzzy is FDA cleared to control pain from injections, IVs, phlebotomy and cosmetic injections, as well as for relief of musculoskeletal pain from a variety of conditions.